Friday, June 18, 2010

Behold the wonders of one of the most delicious Asian desserts you will find. This is shaved ice.
This one in particular is a green tea shaved ice with mochi, red bean, and condensed milk, which is as Asian as it gets. We had it at a place called The Balcony. I think I'm going to apply to work there. The girls there dress pretty sexily, yet most of them don't really have a body any better than mine. I really need a job... *sigh*

Ashley & I talked about this over our dessert. The service sucked, I speak Mandarin, and it really does suck when your parents insist on paying for everything. I mean, it's nice, YES... but I'd like to be able to buy my boyfriend gifts with my own money, and get my hair cut, etc. 

So back to the actual place. Loud. Asian. LOUD. I forgot how obnoxiously wealthy and ASIAN Irvine is... I sort of miss humble old Riverside. I definitely miss the freedom there. 

The service SUCKED. I said that already, but let me repeat it. SUCK SUCK SUCK. Slow and terrible. We spent most of our time waiting. Plus, since I had snuck out of the house after my parents left for church, I had to be home before 10:30. Ashley had to get a tofu to go, and we high tailed it out of there.

When I got back to my place, my parents weren't home. However... I forgot my key. The back fence was locked. I had to scale a 5 foot fence in complete darkness, crawl on a wooden ledge, and sneak into the house through the kitchen window, which means avoiding all the plates. I stepped in the sink, literally. Oh well. I got house safe & sound, and hopefully my parents will never know! 

No comments: