Sunday, June 20, 2010

My picture for today is of the book I picked up earlier today and read through. I've started this many times, but I've always been put off by the unorthodox telling of this story- how it's a story of a story in a story. Perhaps it's because I love the classics that I felt as if this was "unprofessional."

Either way, I'm glad I finally read through everything. I won't deny I skimmed through much of the "present day" telling of it. What really touched my heart was the story of Buttercup and Westley. How they met was so sweet, and the endings so ambiguous that no one is certain what happened. Either way, for me, it was a happily-ever-after love story. I realize that if I were to read this in an English class, it might not be so wonderful, but I'm glad I enjoyed it in its essence.

My dad is pissed off at something else again. *sigh* Chalk up yet another day ruined because of his anger, and another reason why I have father issues.

I miss my love and my baby. Can't wait to see them.

No comments: