Friday, October 08, 2010

Yanbo come home from work today and complained (jokingly) because... there was no hot dinner waiting for him. I think I've spoiled him way too much.. pretty sure that, in college at least, having a meal at the end of your day is a rare treat, not an everyday occurrence. I told him to make a sandwich, but I caved in and made this potato salad. This was super easy to make. Potatoes, mayo, mustard, celery, pickles, onions, hardboiled egg (save time by boiling the potatoes with the egg. Also, if you're lazy like me, you can just boil the potato until the skin is cracking a little. Makes it super easy to cube and prepare, plus you just throw the potatoes in!) The recipe called for basil and red bell pepper, but I was like.. pft.

I LOVE potato salad, to be honest. I think next time I'll throw in a bit of balsamic vinegar&olive oil and see how that turns out.

RECIPE
2 potatos
mayo
mustard
1 stalk of celery
1 pickle
1 table pickle juice
1/2 onion
1 to 2 eggs

1. boil egg and potatoes together until potatoes aredone (but not too soft)
2. chop up potato, egg, celery, onion, and pickle
3. mix together
4. add in pickle juice
5. add in mustard
6. add in mayo
7. let chill or eat warm

No comments: